Monday, March 9, 2009

Pansies are growing!

Good Morning! What a windy day! I'm hoping the recycling stays in its containers at the end of the laneway and not in the neighbour's field!
We are planting more pansies! This skid is stacked with 1204 flats which means there are 12 boxes of 4 plants per flat. These are the flats that other bedding plants such as impatiens, marigolds, petunias and snapdragons are sold in. We will be planting the pansies from the second picture into these flats and they will be ready for you by mid April. If you would like some colour before that, we have pansy bowls that will be ready in a couple of weeks. The bottom picture was taken at the end of last week and there were other buds just about to pop! It's so interesting to keep an eye on the plants. It seems that we should be able to sit and watch them grow but for some reason, this miracle of new growth eludes us.
Enjoy your day and keep thinking spring, garden and sunshine!
All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel it's energy, and my spirits soar.
Helen Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment