Monday, July 29, 2013

Herb Cubes

Freezing fresh herbs is easy! All you need is a knife, ice cube trays and freezer bags. Here's how:

*Choose your herb, wash, drain and chop finely.

*Place about half full in ice cube trays.

*Cover with fresh water and place in the freezer until frozen.

*Pop cubes out and place in LABELED freezer bags. The reason I stress labeling bags is because I haven't always done this and not all herbs have a scent when frozen. Either that or my nose doesn't work anymore :)

*This winter when you are craving Fresh, grab some "herb cubes" from the freezer and place in a stir fry, pot of soup or stew, or even spaghetti sauce! I love adding cubes of chopped basil or oregano to my homemade canned tomato sauce when I'm cooking up spaghetti for supper. So yummy and makes it feel like summer again!



No comments:

Post a Comment