Monday, February 9, 2009

Rest Home

On Friday morning, we welcomed the Bluewater Rest Home bus. There were approximately 10 residents on board. They enjoyed wandering around, breathing in the scents of earth and plants, as well as the vibrant colours of primula and more. The cats are always a highlight and seem to like the residents as much as they love the cats. As you can see in one of the pictures, Princess was up on the walker, soaking up all the attention. She's a great cat. We are glad that the weather improved and wasn't so cold so the bus could come. It has been too cold or stormy for them to come so far this winter. Today (Monday) is gorgeous! Sunny with temps at around -3 and rising. If this was a month from now, I'd be yelling "Hurray!" Our snow is going down rapidly much to the disappointment of my son. He had some great jumps on our tobogganing hill built by his uncle which will disappear in the next few days. As a mother, I'm relieved in a way. I had to close my eyes everytime he went over the jumps and even then I was picturing broken bones! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment