Monday, February 23, 2009

Can you taste it?

Ryan seeded an early batch of parsley and basil in January and here are the plants after I potted them last week. Aren't they beautiful? The basil was very aromatic making my mouth water and my mind was envisioning my large basil plants that grew in my garden last year. Give these plants another couple of weeks and they'll be ready to use. A bright kitchen window and some water should do the trick.
There is so much going on here that it's hard to keep up. We're still shipping to Ontario Flower Growers in Mississauga on Monday and Wednesday, Wednesday and Thursday are our potting days(hanging baskets, pots and other containers), Ryan is seeding bedding plants at least one day per week and every week for the past 3-4 weeks, we've had cuttings come to be "stuck". (see my Feb.2 blog) The last two weeks were big batches of around 25,000! We are getting ready for spring!
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.
W.E. Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment