Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gardens and Sales, oh my!

This is a great time of year to work outside (unless you have seasonal allergies like me!) cleaning up spent flowers, watering (yes, some of us are having to do that again!) and gleaning the fruits of our labours. Yesterday I made spaghetti sauce and salsa from the beautiful tomatoes, peppers and herbs from my garden. I can't seem to grow good onions in my soil so I always raid my father-in-law's garden for onions. He grows amazing onions that are super-sized and full of flavour! My salsa seems to have turned out thick and chunky with just a bit of zip, just the way I like it. Later on I will make another batch that causes foreheads to break out in a sweat because that's how my husband likes it. :p
If you are thinking about the empty spots in your perennial beds, our perennials are now all on at 50% off! Dig them in now so they have a couple of months before cold comes (did I say cold? Yuk!) and the roots can become well established. If you still need fertilizer or other garden care products, they are 35% off. All other items such as garden decor, containers, soils and mulch are 35% off as well!
We are open Monday-Saturday 9-5

No comments:

Post a Comment