Saturday, July 12, 2008

Meandering?

I'm not sure what to blog about today so it may seem like I'm meandering. Perhaps I could promote the use of fertilizer during the summer for absolute beautiful blooms, or talk about what you can do with those leggy pansies of yours, or encourage you to trim back your long petunias which in turn will promote new growth. Maybe I'll tackle all three. :)
Fertilizer....very important if you want lush green and beautiful blooms. There is slow release that comes as granulars that are placed around the plants so when being watered the fertilizer is released into the soil. Slow release is great if we receive lots of rain and your plants are not big "eaters". Personally, I still think that water soluble fertilizer is the way to go, every time or every other time you water. I have a spray bottle that can be filled with fertilizer, attached to a garden hose and it dilutes the fertilizer with the water as it sprays. We sell them here for around $10.00 and it's a great investment if you have alot of flowers. A lot less time consuming then mixing up each watering can.
Next time....what to do with those pansies.
Slow Release Fertilizer
Water Soluble Fertilizer
Hose end applicator

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips on fertilization.
    You mentioned the "leggy pansies". What do I do with them? Or maybe that's next week's blog. If so I can wait.

    ReplyDelete